Mary G. Robinson Roland
Director of Center for Advisement and Student Success
Phone: (423) 425-2653
Areas of Responsibility
• Center for Advisement and Student Success Director
• M.S., Leadership Studies, The University of Tennessee
• Ph.D., Education, The University of Tennesse
My philosophy of advising is viewing the student holistically and it revolves around student success; actively engaging students to accomplish academic and life goals.
1. Serving as a teacher or guide in terms of facilitating a sense of direction in the planning or identifying academic programs of study, disseminating the proper materials and information to students and helping students make a plan.
2. Building collaborative partnerships across campus to foster student success. That is, retaining, assisting in the progressing toward a degree and graduating students in a timely manner.
3. Learning about the aspects of the office and finding out what is needed for creating an action plan for change.
All students are important and I want to be an integral part to “stop the revolving door” (Barefoot, 2003). My desire is to help UTC students be successful!