Calculating Your GPA
Grade Point Average
The grade point average (GPA) is the total number of quality points divided by the total number of attempted credit hours, including hours for which the student received an F. The GPA does not include credit hours for courses in which grades of S, NC, I, and W have been earned. (Institutional credit is not included in the calculation of grade point averages for graduation or for honors.) Grade point averages are not rounded.
How to Compute Your GPA
Standard GPA Calculation:
- Multiply the grade value for each course taken by the credit hours for that course. The product of this multiplication will be the quality points. Total the quality points and the credit hours.
- Divide the total quality points by the total attempted hours.
- Do not include the hours for S, or NC or I grades.
GPA Calculator 1:
This Calculator is used to estimate your cumulative GPA based on the number of hours and grades you have received.
GPA Calculator 2:
This calculator is used to estimate the number of hours and grades needed to get a desired GPA.
Grade Point Average Definitions
- Institutional Semester: includes the most recent UTC and/or transfer work added to a student’s academic record (excludes developmental course work).
- Institutional Cumulative: includes all UTC and transfer work—cumulative meaning more than one semester (excludes developmental course work).
- Transfer Semester: Includes the most recent transfer work added to a student’s academic record.
- Transfer Cumulative: Includes all transfer work only—cumulative meaning more than one semester.
- Overall Semester: Includes the most recent UTC, transfer, and developmental course work added to a student’s academic record.
- Overall Cumulative: Includes all UTC, transfer, and developmental course work—cumulative meaning more than one semester.
- UTC Only Semester: Includes the most recent UTC course work completed by the student.
- UTC Only Cumulative: Includes all UTC course work—cumulative meaning more than one semester.
Continuation standards are based upon Institutional GPA for all students.