Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to sign up to come and take the ARC's non-credit group classes?
No, the group aerobics classes are free to all ARC members and no sign up is required. Just show up at the appropriate time and have fun!
Where do I find a schedule and descriptions of the ARC's group exercise classes?
You can find the schedule, pictures and descriptions of the group exercise classes at the UTC Campus Recreation website main page and under Non Credit Classes link.
Is there anyone to help me with the machines when I am first getting started at the ARC?
Yes, all ARC members are welcome to take advantage of a 45 minute orientation session to learn the machines and Cardio equipment. See the exercise floor attendant at the desk on the main exercise floor for more details.
What are the hours of operation?
The ARC is open almost every day of the year. For posted hours please go to the Campus Recreation page for current information.
Who can use the ARC?
Do current students need to pay to use the ARC?
No, they have already paid when they register for class each semester.
I'm an employee of UTC, can I use the ARC?
You can use the ARC as an employee. Please note family members are not eligible for membership in the ARC. Check the Campus Recreation page for information on fees and procedures.
I'm an Alumni, can I use the ARC?
You can use the ARC as an alumnus. Check the Campus Recreation page for information on fees and procedures.
What if I'm physically challenged?
The ARC has workout equipment that you can use. To gain access to the ARC using the East entrance, in between the ARC and the 5th street parking garage, you would need to e-mail Miles Leford (email@example.com) so he can make your card a building wide access card. Then you will be able to swipe your Mocs card at the East entrance and the doors will automatically open.
More about the ARC
I heard that there is a rock climbing wall.
There are three different walls: a 43' 7" foot indoor rock climbing tower, 13 foot indoor boulder and a 13 foot rock climbing/repelling training wall.
When will the pool be ready?
Construction started in the Fall of 2009 and it is targeted for Spring 2011.
This phase will be built from the existing west wall of the ARC to the Fifth Street sidewalk.
What will the pool have in it?
- Lazy River with kayak plunge pool and 30 person bubble bench
- Five lane lap swim area from 4 to 10 foot depths with a 30 person hot tub
- Two story high, 156 foot long water slide
- Water basketball and water volleyball courts
What else does the ARC have?
- Centralized Locker Rooms
- One large multi-sport court that can be converted into two basketball courts, four volleyball courts, eight badminton courts or two indoor soccer courts.
- 1,400 square foot suite for UTC Outdoors and its programs.
- Indoor 13 foot boulder, 13 foot indoor training wall and a 43.7 foot indoor rock climbing tower
- 1/8 mile indoor track with a 360 degree view of the UTC Community.
- Small and large aerobic rooms (for the Chattanooga Spirit Squads), martial arts and instructional rooms
- A relaxing Wi-Fi lobby featuring the Campus Recreation Hall of Fame which honors student success and UTC's Recreational History
- Equipment check out room that will meet all your indoor and outdoor recreational needs