Noyce Scholarship Information
The UTC Robert Noyce Teacher Scholarship Program is sponsored by the National Science Foundation, and seeks to encourage talented students in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) disciplines (Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Engineering, Geology, Mathematics, and Physics) to pursue careers in high school teaching.
What does the scholarships offer?
- A one year scholarship of at least $10,000 for students that prepare to teach high school in Biology, Chemistry, Earth & Space sciences, Physics or Mathematics
- At least 6 scholars are selected each academic year
What are the student responsibilities?
- Noyce scholars agree to teach in a "high needs" school for two years for each year that they accept the scholarship. The secondary school can be anywhere in the U.S., and graduates have eight years to complete this requirement.
- School districts can be identified as high needs based on multiple criteria. In practice, many school districts and schools are "high needs."
What should interested current UTeaChattanooga students do?
- Read about the Robert Noyce Teacher Scholarship Program.
- Print out the application and gather all application materials.
- Submit all materials to Avalon Gourlay by the deadline stated on the application.
What should interested non-UTeaChattanooga students do?