Admission to UTeaChattanooga for Post-baccalaureate students
Students wishing to pursure a post-baccalaureate certificate and secondary teacher licensure in mathematics or science through the UTeaChattanooga program must:
- Have an undergraduate or graduate degree with a major, or equivalent, in one of the following content areas: Biology, Chemistry, Geology, Physics, Mathematics, Engineering, or Computer Science.
- Be formally admitted to UTC.
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5 overall and in the major courses. All undergraduate and graduate course work is considered when determining the GPA's.
- Submit a Post-Baccalaureate Curriculum Review Request (available on the UTeaChattanooga website, www.utc.edu/UTeaChattanooga) and have an official copy of his/her undergraduate and graduate transcripts mailed to:
UTeaChattanooga Drs. Stephen Kuhn and Sandy Watson Dept. 7156 110 Collins Street Annex Chattanooga, TN 37403-2598
- Have an ACT composite score of 22 or better or a score of 1020 or better on the SAT. If the undergraduate applicant's ACT or SAT score is below 22 or 1020 respectively, the applicant must take the Praxis 1 exam. Post-baccalaureate students who are enrolled with the Graduate School MUST take the MAT (minimum score of 372) or the GRE (minimum 900/4.0 (writing)) instead.
- Complete the background check authorization form.
- Complete the background check through L-1 Identity Solutions.
- Formally apply to UTeaChattanooga (undergraduates do not apply until after completing Step Two, graduate students must formally apply BEFORE starting Step One).
- Successfully complete an essay entrance requirement.
- Perform satisfactorily in an interview with UTeaChattanooga Co-Directors.
- Provide an accurate email address for two people selected from Academic Advisors, Professor in Majpr Field, or Internship Supervisor (internship related to major field) to complete a Disposition Assessment online.