Psychology Department Adjunct Faculty:
Criteria of Evaluation
All adjunct faculty members must meet the responsibilities listed below. Evaluations of performance will be based upon fulfillment of these requirements.
- Submit course syllabus on time and in conformity with University “style” requirements.
- Ensure syllabus covers material associated with departmental goals for the course.
- Interact if and when necessary with full-time faculty mentor/contact person to ensure that course goals are accomplished.
- Meet all classes scheduled during the semester (and inform department head in advance when a class must be missed).
- Keep department head informed of any potential problems or concerns that may require some administrative attention.
- For general education classes, ensure that syllabus and all class requirements and procedures are in conformity with requirements of the University General Education Committee.
- Conduct formal class evaluations if and when requested by the University.
- Receive acceptable student evaluations of class and when necessary remain sensitive to the need for class changes based upon class evaluations.
- Report grades on time at the end of the semester.
- Follow all University policies and procedures dealing with incompletes and grade changes.
- Maintain appropriate standards of student performance (e.g., not all A’s nor all F’s).