Modern Psychological Studies (MPS) is a journal devoted exclusively to publishing manuscripts by undergraduates. We are continuously seeking quality manuscripts for publication. MPS will consider manuscripts in any area of psychology. Although MPS primarily focuses on results from experimental research, there are also opportunities for theoretical papers, literature reviews and book reviews to be published. MPS is currently printed biannually.
MPS is edited exclusively by undergraduate students at The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. We strive to make the journal submission process a learning experience and to encourage quality research. By placing the journal in the hands of undergraduates, we at MPS wish to emphasize to fellow undergraduates that we are capable of doing meaningful quality work and of communicating that work to interested students and professionals. Furthermore, as students, we are capable of directing the focus of the psychological profession.
- MPS is the only psychology journal in the nation completely designed, edited, reviewed, managed, and published by the undergraduate majors.
- MPS has been in operation since 1993, receiving manuscripts from hundreds of students across the country.
- Students on the editorial review board learn about psychology by reading the manuscripts, and home their writing skills while learning more about APA editorial style, research, and leadership.
- MPS is currently in the process of becoming an international journal through submissions and subscription requests overseas.
- Involvement in MPS distinguishes students from others when applying to graduate programs and better prepares them for graduate level work.
- MPS is an example of UTCs and the Department of Psychology's committment to excellent undergraduate education.