Cathie Smith P.T., Ph.D., D.P.T., P.C.S.
Associate Professor of Physical Therapy
- B.S. in Physical Therapy - University of Tennessee at Memphis
- M.Ed. University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
- Ph.D. University of Tennessee at Knoxville P.C.S.
- D.P.T. ; Pediatric Clinical Specialist; American Board of Physical Therapy Specialist (A.B.P.T.S.)
Specialty Teaching Area:
- Pediatric Neurorehabilitation, Human Growth and Development, Applied Patient/Client Management
- Currently provides prn services in the NICU at Erlanger Medical Center
- C.I., T.C. Thompson Children’s Hospital, Chattanooga, Tennessee
- Supervisor, Siskin Rehabilitation Foundation, Chattanooga, Tennessee
- Private Practice and Pediatric Consultant to St. Vincent Rehabilitation Center, Port-au-Prince, Haiti, W.I.
- Hospital of Light, Bonne Fin, Haiti, W.I.
- Pediatric Therapist, Dispensary of Light, Haiti, W.I.
- Physical Therapist, Providence Hospital, Columbia, S.C.
- Physical Therapist, Siskin Rehabilitation Foundation
- Pediatric Physical Therapist, Chattanooga City School System, Chattanooga, Tennessee
- American Physical Therapy Association
- Tennessee Physical Therapy Association
Current Service Activities:
- Board Member, Assistive Technology Center, Signal Center, Chattanooga, TN
- Member, Research Committee, APTA Pediatric Section
- Nominating Committee, Tennessee Physical Therapy Association
- Nominating Committee, Chattanooga District TPTA
- Content Reviewer, Pediatric Physical Therapy Journal
- Faculty liaison for post-professional DPT concentration
- Vanderbilt Professorship in Pediatric Physical Therapy, 2008
- Exceptional Merit Award, 2007, 2002
- Distinguished Service – Faculty Administrator Award, 2003
- 2001 Outstanding Teaching Award – UTC College of Health and Human Service
- 1999 Outstanding Community Service Award – UTC College of Health and Human Service
- 1999 AWONN Johnson & Johnson Mother-Baby Investigator of the Year Award
- Salzburg Fellow, Salzburg Seminar, Austria
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit developmental support services
- Global perspective on health care for individuals with movement system disorders
- Cultural competency
- Enjoys outdoor activities, especially hiking
- International travel