Read UTC student's blog as she travels through India
New Facebook Link:
Log in to www.facebook.com and find us in the UTC network under organizations;
Department of Philosophy & Religion-University of Tennessee Chattanooga
Why Study Religion or Philosophy
Philosophy & Religion Department Links
- American Philosophical Association (APA)
- Chinese Cultural Studies: Texts
- An excellent gathering of primary e-texts from Confucianism, Taoism, and Buddhism.
- David Chalmers's Zombies & Philosophy page
- Includes thousands of sorted links to philosophy resources on the internet as well as assorted other features. The site is searchable as well as browseable under these headings: Philosophers; Topics; E-Texts; Images; Bookstore; Classroom; Journals; Discussion Lists; Professors and Graduate Students; Organizations; Departments; Newsgroups; Events; Publishers; Fun and Humor; Papers; Jobs Listings; Other Link Sites.
- Friedrich Nietzsche Society
- Forum Romanum: Corpus Scriptorum Latinorum
- The Hume Society
- Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- Perseus Project
- A major collection of electronic resources relating to the ancient world, comprising scholarly essays, maps, more than 15,000 images, original language texts, translations, and philological tools. The works of more than 40 authors are provided, including Aeschylus, Aristophanes, Aristotle, Cicero, Homer, Horace, Livy, Ovid, Plato, Plutarch, Sophocles, Thucydides, Vergil, and Xenophon.
- Society for Phenomenology and Existential Philosophy (SPEP)
- Society for Skeptical Studies
- Society for Women in Philosophy (SWIP)
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
Academic Info : Religion Gateway
- Academic Jewish Studies Internet Directory
- A collection of over 41,000 adherent statistics and religious geography citations - references to published membership/adherent statistics and congregation statistics for over 4,200 religions, churches, denominations, religious bodies, faith groups, tribes, cultures, movements, ultimate concerns, etc.
- American Society of Church History
- Bible Translations: Unbound Bible, University of Chicago
- Biblical Archaeology Society
- Bibliographies on the Net
- A substantial gathering of bibliographies in religious studies. Main headings: General / Bahai / Biblical Studies / Buddhism / Christianity / Confucianism / Hinduism / Islam / Judaism / Native Religion / Taoism / Women / Other.
- Blue Letter Bible
- A KJV Bible with over 1,000,000 links to Lexicons, Concordances, conservative Christian commentaries, and six searchable Bible Dictionaries... To facilitate in-depth study of the Bible through an on-line interactive reference library updated from the teachings and commentaries of selected pastors and teachers. This site offers Hebrew and Greek lexical resources.
- The Catholic Encyclopedia
- CESNUR Center for Studies on New Religion
- Christian Classics Ethereal Library
- An excellent resource for electronic texts: the Bible, commentaries, hymns, sermons, Early Church Fathers (38 vols.), and many texts from the history of Christianity.
- Department of Land of Israel Studies, Bar-Ilan University
- Duke Papyrus Archive
- Provides electronic access to texts about and images of 1,373 papyri from ancient Egypt. The target audience includes: papyrologists, ancient historians, archaeologists, biblical scholars, classicists, Coptologists, Egyptologists, students of literature and religion and all others interested in ancient Egypt.
- ETANA (Electronic Tools and Ancient Near Eastern Archives)
- A guide to the rapidly increasing, and widely distributed data relevant to the study and public presentation of the Ancient Near East via the Internet. Formerly known as ABZU. An excellent starting point for archaeology resources.
- Exploring Ancient World Cultures
- This site provides an excellent multi-faceted introduction to the ancient world. The introductory essays are accompanied by a chronology, essays, images, Internet links, and electronic texts. Geographical areas covered: Near East, India, Egypt, China, Greece, Rome, Islam, Europe.
- Fathers of the Church
- Encyclopedia of the Holocaust
- The Index of Articles on Jewish Studies
- The India Resources Page
- International Institute of Islamic Thought
- Internet Medieval Sourcebook
- Institute of Archaeology, Bar-Ilan University
- Jewish-Christian Relations
- This site is concerned with issues in the on-going Christian-Jewish dialogue. It includes articles, bibliographies and other resources, pages of Christian-Jewish organizations, addresses of and links to institutes and groups involved in the dialogue, statements of churches, joint statements, as well as news, events and reports.
- The Jewish Encyclopedia
- Jewish Studies Resources (Princeton University)
- Jewish Virtual Library
- Journal of Hebrew Scriptures
- The Journal of Southern Religion
- Judaism 101
- McGill University Religious Studies Resources
- New Advent Catholic Website
- A gateway to the electronic Catholic Encyclopedia, St. Thomas' Summa Theologica, and the Church Fathers, as well as other Catholic resources.
- The New Testament Gateway
- A comprehensive, up to date, annotated directory of good academic New Testament internet resources. This site has twenty-seven topically organised pages, and a search function.
- RAMBI - Index of Articles on Jewish Studies
- Religion in South Asia Archives
- Religion Online
- A collection of essays and books on a wide variety of topics in theology and religious studies, by reputable scholars. Headings: The Bible; Local Church; Communication; Theology; Practical Theology; Theologians; Culture; Social Issues; Religious Sociology; Education; History of Religion; Ethics; Missions; Churches and Society.
- Resource Pages for Biblical Studies
- Contents: Bible texts, translations and related texts; Biblical Studies Electronically Published; Aspects of the Mediterranean Social World; Biblical Studies and Computer technology; Philo of Alexandria Page.
- Southeastern Commission for the Study of Religion
- Sunnah and Hadith
- The Text This Week
- Features a wide variety of resources for study and liturgy based on the 3-year Revised Common Lectionary cycle. Including a diverse variety of resources for scripture study, reflection and liturgy, and not restricting the resources to any particular theological/ideological position.
- Thomas Aquinas
- The Vatican
- Bible Gateway
- Allows searching of the Bible in various English translations (AMP, ASV, CEV, Darby, ESV, KJV, KJ21, NASB, NIV, NKJV, NLT, YLT) as well as more than 25 other languages.
The Association of Theological Schools (ATS)
The Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada (ATS) is a membership organization of more than 260 graduate schools that conduct post-baccalaureate professional and academic degree programs to educate persons for the practice of ministry and for teaching and research in the theological disciplines. The Commission on Accrediting of ATS accredits the schools and approves the degree programs they offer.
- One of the major pioneers in the world of electronic texts. It archives more than 40,000 texts in a wide variety of languages and subjects, many of which are available online.
- Internet History Sourcebooks Project
- Collections of public domain and copy-permitted historical texts presented for educational use. Areas: Ancient History, Medieval, Modern History, Byzantine Studies Page, African, East Asian, Indian, Islamic, Jewish, Women's, Global, Science, Lesbian and Gay.
- Leadership U: ResourceBASE and Online Journal
- A searchable collection of articles in the major fields of academic inquiry.
- The Online Books Page
- A searchable gathering of links to thousands of texts. Maintained at the University of Pennsylvania.
- On-line Reference Book (ORB) for Medieval Studies
- An academic site, written and maintained by medieval scholars for the benefit of their fellow instructors and serious students. All articles have been judged by at least two peer reviewers.
- Oxford Text Archive
- The Archive works to identify, collect, and preserve high-quality, well-documented electronic texts and linguistic corpora. In addition its archival function, it holds several thousand electronic texts and linguistic corpora, in a variety of languages.