- Graduation from an accredited diploma or associate degree nursing program and current RN licensure
- Be eligible to return to the last educational institution and meet UTC continuation standards (see Transfer Admissions).
- Show a “C” (2.0) average on all postsecondary (college) courses.
Summary of Application Process
More detailed information is available in the Gateway Applicant Guide (Adobe Acrobat format).
- Enroll in the University using the online application well in advance of the admission deadlines:
- Hybrid Cohort (begins each May): February 1
- Online Cohort (begins each August): June 15
- Ask your high school and colleges to send official transcripts to the Gateway Program manager (see address below).
- Meet with an advisor in the School of Nursing (see below) to discuss the courses you'll need.
- Complete the Gateway application and ADA Statement to apply to the program.
- Remember to check your admissions status regularly to be sure you are on track to meet the deadlines.
- Continue to Graduate School/Advanced Practice: 79%
- Broaden knowledge of Nursing: 73%
- Increase Career Satisfaction: 52%
- Improve Patient Outcomes: 40%
To meet with a School of Nursing advisor, please contact:
Dr. Susan Davidson