DNP Application Information
Application Procedure and Requirements
- Admission to the program is accomplished in two steps: Admission to the UTC Graduate School and admission to the DNP Program.
- Applicants to the DNP must meet the general UTC Graduate School requirements of graduation from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Official transcripts from all schools attended, both undergraduate and graduate, must be sent directly to the UTC School of Nursing.
- Applicants holding the MSN degree must present a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0-point scale from their highest degree earned or they may present an acceptable MAT or GRE score for consideration if their GPA is below 3.0.
- A non-refundable application fee, a resume and a completed DNP application, along with three letters of reference, must be sent to the UTC School of Nursing. Must be completed by an advanced practice nurse or physician colleague. If you wish, you may have one recommendation from a faculty member.
- Applicants will participate in an interview process with the DNP Admissions Committee. The interview process will include a technology assessment to evaluate the applicant's technology skill level. The School of Nursing DNP Admissions Committee will make a decision for acceptance into the program based upon the overall potential for the applicant’s success in the program.
- Applicants must provide evidence of current RN licensure.
- For applicants holding the MSN degree, evidence of certification in an advanced practice specialty must be provided.
|Questions? Contact Us!|
Joanie Jackson, DNP Coordinator
Sarah Blackburn, Graduate Program Coordinator