DNP Application Information
Application Procedure and Requirements
Students seeking admission into the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) must meet the admission requirements of both the Graduate School and the DNP Program requirements. The completed application including attachments must be received in the Graduate School by the appropriate deadline.
DNP: Nursing for Post Masters application deadline is September 1st. The entry term for this program is Spring.
DNP: Nursing: Nursing Administration for Post BSN application deadline is April 15th. The entry term for this program is Summer.
It is critical to submit a complete packet and to select the appropriate entry term when applying to prevent delays in application processing.
- Apply to the UTC Graduate School using the online application. You should apply for the term you will be starting in the program.
- Apply to the School of Nursing by completing the School of Nursing Graduate Application and submitting electronically to Bonny-Clark@utc.edu.
- After applying, you must submit the following items to the UTC Graduate School at Bonny-Clark@utc.edu or 615 McCallie Avenue, Department 5305; Chattanooga, TN 37403.
- Personal Statement
- Licenses, CPR and Certificates
- APN Clinical Hours Verification Form
- All College/University Official Transcripts
Applicants must have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree from a program accredited by the National League for Nursing or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale, and documentation of all items requested as part of the application above. Post Master’s Certificate applicants are not required to submit GRE or MAT scores and must have a Master’s of Science in Nursing from a program accredited by the National League for Nursing or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
|Questions? Contact Us!|
Joanie Jackson, DNP Coordinator
Sarah Blackburn, Graduate Program Coordinator