Accepted Incoming Students
- Getting started
- Deadlines and Calendar
- UTC Catalog
- Class schedule
- Directions to campus
- UTC links
- Chattanooga weather and links
- Chattanooga transportation
- Honors Exchange
- First, congratulations and we look forward to having you come on exchange at UTC!
- Once you are accepted on exchange to UTC, you need to immediately complete the NSE Placement Acceptance form, which is available in your home school's NSE office. Your home school will send a copy of this form to UTC. Once our office has the form, we will consider your placement official and will send you a packet of instructions and forms to complete.
- Read all of the instructions in the packet carefully and let us know if you have any questions. Complete our requests as soon as possible so that your admission as well as housing and course registrations aren't delayed. Return all forms directly to the UTC NSE Office.
- Once our office has gotten your completed admissions form, UTC will enroll you as a student. After you are in the UTC record system, you will be able to register for courses and housing. Though UTC's NSE Office usually reserves exchange student rooms in the Lockmiller residence hall, you still will need to officially sign up for housing through UTC's Housing Office web site. (Note: You are not required to live in Lockmiller and can request another housing assignment through the UTC Housing Office. Please let UTC's NSE Office know if you plan to live off campus or somewhere other than Lockmiller.)
- You will need to consult the UTC class schedule for current course offerings and the UTC catalog for course descriptions. Send your requested course schedule to UTC's NSE Office so that staff members can register you for your courses.
- You are required to attend a two-day NSE orientation prior to the start of classes. Check this web site and mailings from the UTC NSE Office for these dates.
- If you have questions as you prepare for your exchange, please call us in the UTC NSE Office!
|Complete NSE Placement Acceptance Form||Immediately||Immediately|
|Return Admissions Materials||April 15||November 15|
|Return Registration Materials||April 15||November 20|
|Register for Housing||April 15||November 15|
|Pay Plan A tuition/fees to UTC NSE Office||September 16||January 15|
- About UTC & Chattanooga Community
- Academic Calendar & Final Exam Schedule
- Athletics & Campus Life
- Class Schedule
- Computing Services
- Course Catalog
- Event Calendar
- Financial Aid
- Food Service (for meal plan information)
- Health Services
- Mocs Card (your official UTC identification and campus debit card)
- Office for Students with Disabilities
- Student Handbook
- Student Newspaper "The Echo"
- UTC Transcript Request (for when you are preparing to return to your host campus)
- Tuition & Fees (for Plan A students)
- Chattanooga Times Free Press:
Chattanooga's daily paper
- The Chattanoogan.com:
News, dining, local events, etc. in Chattanooga.
- Chattanooga Weather
- National Public Radio Article and Broadcast about Chattanooga:
NPR's Morning Edition featured Chattanooga in its "What Makes a City Great" series. Find out why Chattanooga was included among London, Paris, Amsterdam, and Chicago as one of the highlighted cities. (Open the link, select the item "Great Cities" and listen to the radio report about Chattanooga.)
- City of Chattanooga
- Chattanooga Chamber of Commerce web site
- Chattanooga Visitors Bureau web site
- Outdoor Chattanooga
- Chattanooga Metropolitan Airport
- Nashville International Airport
- Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport
- Knoxville McGhee Tyson Airport
- Airport Shuttle (shuttle transportation to get between Chattanooga and the Nashville, TN airport or between Chattanooga and the Atlanta, GA airport)
- Chattanooga Greyhound Bus (transportation to other U.S. cities)
- Chattanooga Carta Bus (Chattanooga Area Regional Transportation Authority) (transportation within the Chattanooga area)
- Chattannoga Taxi Services
Once students are accepted on exchange to UTC, they may request to be a part of UTC's University Honors (UHON) Program if they:
- are a member of their home schools' honors programs
- have at least a 3.5 overall GPA
To find out more about the courses and privileges available to NSE students who are approved to participate in UTC's University Honors Program, refer to UTC's honors program entry on the main NSE web site.