17th Annual UTC Piano Arts Competition
Saturday, April 6, 2013
The Piano Arts Competition is an annual event for High School and Middle School pianists with scholarship offers and prizes for piano performance.
- Middle School piano students in grades 6-8.
- High School piano students in grades 9-12.
- 1st Prize Winners of 2012 may not compete in the same category.
- Middle School students will perform a program of at least two works for solo piano of contrasting styles, not to exceed 15 minutes duration. Memorization is required. Popular music selections are not appropriate.
- High School students will perform a program of at least two works for solo piano of contrasting styles, not to exceed 20 minutes duration. Memorization is required. Popular music selections are not appropriate.
- Middle School Category (grades 6-8): First Prize $75; Second Prize $50; Third Prize $25
- High School Category (grades 9-12): First Prize $100; Second Prize $75; Third Prize $50
- The Jury reserves the right to not award any or all of the prizes.
- Graduating seniors may use this competition as Entrance Audition into UTC Music Department
- Graduating seniors who plan to attend UTC are additionally eligible for scholarship awards, including the prestigious Arthur Rivituso Memorial Scholarship of $2000.00 per year.
- Middle School Category (grades 6-8) $20.
- High School Category (grades 9-12) $25.
- Please make checks payable to UTC Department of Music.
- The jury will include faculty from UTC Music Department. In the event that a jury member is related to or has taught a contestant, that member will recuse himself/herself from voting on said contestant.
- Application for 2014 competition will most likely be available in early January.
- Call Dr. Tsai at 423-425-4330 or e-mail Sin-Hsing-Tsai@utc.edu