Patten Chapel is currently home to the Music Department’s Choral Ensembles and is also a popular performance venue for the Brass Quintet and Horn Ensemble.
Patten chapel is the cornerstone of the UTC campus. Dedicated in 1919 as part of The University of Chattanooga, Patten Chapel has seen the days come and go. The chapel seats approximately 400 people in rich oak pews. The brick is a dark reddish brown that has warmed with the years. Highlighted by the brick are the moss and rust colored stain glass windows. Gothic chandeliers reveal dark brown ornate woodwork arches that finish the ceiling in the seating chamber. The chancel floor is rich red pottery tile. The woodwork is a deep rich oak again highlighted by the same beautiful ornate gothic chandeliers.
Directions to Patten Chapel
Patten Chapel is located at the heart of the UTC Campus at the corner of McCallie Avenue and Baldwin Street. Guests are asked to use Lot 26 for parking at Patten Chapel.
For Google Map driving directions to the recommended parking lot, click here