Study Abroad in Spain
Universidad de Alcalá de Henares 2012 Program/Prices
For more information on the summer 2012 programs, click here.
The Department of Foreign Language and Literatures sponsors four- and eight-week programs to Alcalá de Henares.
Located 20 miles outside of Madrid, Alcalá de Henares is the birthplace of Cervantes. Students study at the prestigious Universidad de Alcalá de Henares, founded in 1499 by Archbishop Cisneros, at the Franklin Institute of North American Studies, housed in the former Trinitary Convent.
Students earn 9-15 hours credit while learning first-hand about Spanish culture. The department sponsors optional trips to Barcelona and Madrid’s Prado and Reina Sofia Museums.
Four-Week Course: May - June
Eight-Week Course: May - July
Courses: Spanish 2110 — 4000-level courses
Class Meetings: Monday - Thursday, 9:30 a.m.- 2:30 p.m.
The Spain Abroad Program is offered every other summer in even years.
- 9 to 15 academic credits in most major/minor requirements (9 credits for 4 weeks, and 15 for 8 weeks)
- Cultural Activities
- Guided tour of Alcalá
- Guided tour of Madrid
- Transfers to and from Madrid’s Barajas airport
- Full university services: computer room, library, and sport complex plus all services and opportunities offered for all UAH students
- Homestay with Alcalá families (three meals daily and weekly laundry service)
- Medical, Repatriation, and Accident insurance
*Not Included: travel to and from Madrid, Spain
Dr. Lynn Purkey