Paris as Text Student Videos from Paris
The purpose of these courses was to learn what influences our cultural perceptions (global influences) and how this affects intercultural communication. With this base we will define culture, communication and their nexus and learn methods for interpreting culture & communication in terms of historical influences and their impact on identity to the goal of reading expressions of that identity (culture) dialectically: non-verbal codes, cultural space, marginality, popular culture, conflict & coalition building.
- Define culture, isolate, collect & group artifacts
- How to observe and obtain cultural observations and collect evidence from those encounters
- How to analyze and understand that evidence and relay the relevant cultural context to the interpretation
- Account for influences that shape(d) culture and thereby its artifacts.
- Identify cultural signs and symbols
- Create and capture cultural images and sounds (audio)
- Create a multimedia production to tell a compelling story of cultural signs and symbols.
UTC Students in Paris 2008
Student Movie Productions
View movies on via YouTube or watch high-resolution movies in QuickTime (.mov). Download QuickTime.
Student Videos of Chattanooga
Student Videos of Paris
|America's Influence||Bibliotéque Nationale de France|