Dr. Deborah Elwell Arfken
Professor of Political Science
B.A. – 1963, The College of Wooster
M.A. – 1964, The University of Pennsylvania
Ed.D – 1983, The University Tennessee
- Nonprofit Management
- Work/Family Issues
- Technical Writing
- Corporate and Nonprofit Boards
- Higher Education Management
- “Still Chilly After All These Years: A Longitudinal Study of Corporate Board Composition in Tennessee. Arfken, Bellar, and Helms. Business Perspectives, Vol. 19, no 2 (Winter/Spring 2008), pp. 46-53.
- “Gifford Pinchot: American Forester.” In Great Lives from History: The Twentieth Century. Pasadena, CA: Salem Press, pp. 3253-3257.
- Light Upon the Hill, The University at Chattanooga, 1886 - 1996 by John Longwith. Co-editor with Frederick Obear. Chattanooga, TN: UTC 2008.
Professional Awards and Memberships
- Distinguished Service. The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. 2007
- Award from Deutscher Akademischer Austausch Dienst for “Germany Today: Innovations in German and European Graduate Education.” 2006
- National Endowment for the Humanities: Institute on Technology in American Society, 1607-1940. 1987