Department of Interior Design Goals
1. Create an innovative and engaging environment that nurtures an interest in studentís academic welfare, progress, and retention.
2. Promote critical thinking with an emphasis on integrated design.
3. Facilitate effective learning environments that support educational, community, and regional development partnerships.
4. Support collaborative, teaming environments.
5. Prepare students to become socially, ethically and environmentally responsible professionals.
6. Promote design solutions responsive to diversity of local, regional and global challenges.
7. Promote the acquisition and maintenance of professional development, certifications and licenses.
8. Achieve recognition in research, scholarship and creative endeavors.
9. Promote active service within the university, profession and community.
10. Utilize current technology, tools, and resources to facilitate learning within lectures and studios.