To create nationally engaged programs of excellence that advance active living and healthy eating.
With a focus on active living and healthy eating, the Department of Health & Human Performance concentrations prepare students for professional careers, the ability to conduct successful applied research, and to appropriately engage our communities and professions in the venture of enhancing health-related quality of life.
Our mission is accomplished through People, Partnerships, and Performance.
- Advocating for a strong and diverse faculty committed to programs of excellence in the study of health and human performance
- Conducting and coordinating professional conferences, workshops and seminars
- Conducting and disseminating research and scholarly activity
- Providing service and consultation in health and human performance with university, metropolitan Chattanooga, national, and international partners
- Promoting and marketing programs, products and services in health and human performance
- Bridging across other disciplines and sectors to promote health and human performance in order to reach a diversity of people among a variety of settings
- Promoting professional development and evaluation
- Developing and delivering progressive and innovative programs of study in health and human performance
- Supporting and promoting professional leadership across the disciplines of health and human performance