Visiting Team Information
Dear Visiting Athletic Trainer,
On behalf of the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Sports Medicine Staff, we would like to welcome you to our campus and the “ Scenic City”. This letter is intended to provide you with information regarding the athletic training facilities and services available to you during your visit.
Our athletic training facility is located on the bottom floor of the McKenzie Arena, which is located on the corner of Mabel Street and 4th Street. The athletic training room will be open two hours prior to competition and one hour prior to your practice time. Should you need the facilities at another time, please contact us at the number listed below and arrangements will be made.
The athletic training room will be equipped with therapeutic modalities including: ice, whirlpool, electrical stimulation, moist heat packs, and ultrasound. During games your team will be provided with ice, water, cups, ice bags, and biohazard materials. Additionally, emergency equipment including AED, splints, and crutches will be available on site.
A certified athletic trainer and team physician will be present at all games. If your team is traveling without a certified athletic trainer, please notify us in advance so that we may accommodate your teams’ needs. In the event of an emergency, our hospital is in close proximity of the arena.
Below is a list of phone numbers that may be useful during your stay at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga:
- McKenzie Arena Training Room (423) 425-4275 or (423) 425-2803
- Todd Bullard, Head Athletic Trainer (FB) - (423) 505-3854 (c)
- Misty DePriest, Assistant Athletic Trainer (WBB) - (423) 322-5987 (c)
- MacKenzie McDonald, Assistant Athletic Trainer (MBB) - (423) 774-7295 (c)
- Jeff Jahnel, Assistant Athletic Trainer (WR) - (423) 933-5776 (c)
- Robert Baudier, GATP Faculty (WSOC) - (423) 425-2259 (ofc)
- Memorial Hospital ER - (423) 495-8577
- Pulmonaire Pharmacy - (423) 265-3333
I hope this information is helpful and makes your visit to Chattanooga a little simpler. If you have any other questions or special requests, please feel free to call. Best of luck for a healthy and successful season.
UTC Athletic Training Staff