Admission To the Environmental Science Graduate Program
An applicant for admission to the graduate program in Environmental Science must meet the following requirements:
- Graduation from a regionally accredited institution of higher education.
- A 2.75 GPA overall or a 3.0 in the last 60 hours.
- Satisfactory scores on the Graduate Record Examination (general test).
- A background knowledge of environmental science concepts equivalent to UTC's undergraduate courses
- ESC 150 and 151 (Introduction to Environmental Problems) or an undergraduate or graduate course in ecology.
- A dossier which documents written and oral communication skills and includes the following:
- a resume
- prior publications or sample research paper
- a written account of prior educational and professional experience in environmental science, including laboratory competencies,
- career goals and reasons for pursuing graduate study.
- Recommendations from a minimum of three individuals familiar with the applicant's scholastic ability and professional work background.
Recommended for Admission
- Two years academic background in laboratory sciences at the junior or senior level.
- A course in environmental ethics.
- Mathematics course equivalent to UTC's Math 136 or 150 (Calculus)
- One course in introductory statistics.
- One course in computer science.
- An introductory course in Environmental Law equivalent to UTC's ESC 410.