We've collected a number of useful materials and resources, ranging from the mundane-but-necessary (like program checksheets) to the fascinating (like online indices of English studies). We invite you to explore them.
If you can suggest a helpful resource not listed here, please let us know.
- Syllabus Cover Sheets (Sping 2013)
For Students and Advisors
- UTC Graduate and Undergraduate Catalogs
(From the Office of Records and Registration)
- UTC Student Handbook
(From the Office of Student Development)
- The UTC Writing Center
(A free resource for all UTC student writers)
- What Can You Do with an English Major?
The most-asked (and frequently well-answered) question. You can find some eloquent and helpful advice at these sites:
- Famous English Majors
Scholarly References and Resources
- Calls for Papers [University of Pennsylvania] — a wide-ranging, up-to-date list of invitations to submit scholarship in English and American literature and culture.
- Literary Resources on the Net [Jack Lynch, Rutgers University] — a comprehensive index of internet-based literary resources.
- "Voice of the Shuttle" [Alan Liu, University of California-Santa Barbara] — a comprehensive index of internet-based literary resources.
- Conference on College Composition and Communication (CCCC)
- The Modern Language Association (MLA)
- National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE)
- The South Atlantic Modern Language Association (SAMLA)