UTC Graduation Requirements
A minimum of 120 total credit hours is required for a bachelor's degree. The degree completion program is designed to be sure that all of these requirements are met. (Students should consult the UTC catalog (http://www.utc.edu/catalogs/) for specific major requirements and course information. In all cases, the University Catalog is the official document with respect to degree requirements.)
- Complete all degree requirements (majors and minors) within the same valid catalog year and complete all major and related curriculum requirements outlined in the valid Catalog year for the specific major(s).
- Complete all General Education Requirements as described in the valid Catalog year for the specific major(s).
- Comply with the state law that one unit of American history at the high school level or 6 credit hours of collegiate work be satisfactorily completed. Complete at least 25 percent of the minimum credit hours under the direction of UTC faculty.
- Complete 60 credit hours at an accredited senior (4-year) institution.
- Complete the last 24 credit hours at UTC.
- Complete at least 39 credit hours at the 300-400 level.
- Complete a minimum of 12 credit hours at the 300-400 level in the UTC major department(s) or program(s) offering the degree.
- Earn a minimum of a 2.0 cumulative GPA unless otherwise specified by the major, and a minimum 2.0 GPA for all course work completed at UTC, and a minimum 2.0 GPA for the major(s) unless otherwise specified. A minimum of a C is required in all Criminal Justice core courses to satisfy graduation requirements.
- Complete senior exit exam(s).
- File an application for degree with the Records Office.
- Satisfy all financial obligations to the University.