The internship removes the student from the traditional classroom environment and places her or him into a more active role as a participant and observer in a criminal justice or research setting. The internship experience provides opportunities for students to:
- Develop and enhance students' sense of professionalism.
- Develop and enhance students' job-related skills.
- Provide students with the opportunity to link theory to practice through observation and participation in applied settings.
- Provide students with the opportunity to practice and develop methodological skills and techniques commonly used in data collection and analysis.
- Develop students' decision-making skills.
For more information, please contact Dr. Tammy Garland, Departmental Internship Coordinator.