Long before Volkswagen arrived in Chattanooga, The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga proudly played a role in recruiting the car company to the River City. This educational partnership has produced a new opportunity: for the first time, all qualified applicants, incoming and current UTC students, are invited to pursue classes toward a Master of Business Administration degree at the Volkswagen Academy. Below is more information about the program.
- Four MBA classes will be offered each fall, spring and summer semester—a total of 12 classes each year in this satellite degree program.
- Classes are generally offered from 5:30-8 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
- Each class meets one evening per week.
- Most part-time MBA students take two classes per semester, attending two evenings per week.
- The MBA program requires eight core classes in management, marketing, accounting, finance, strategy and entrepreneurship and four electives in any of the business disciplines. Non-business undergraduate majors may have to take up to four additional background courses.
- Students will be able to complete any required background courses and the eight core MBA classes at Volkswagen. Students may take electives on the main UTC campus.