The Wright-Bentley Scholarships are awarded to students that have demonstrated strong academic skills and service to the community and university. Currently, the Wright-Bentley Scholarships are the largest scholarships awarded by the College of Business. Selected students have proven themselves to be highly motivated, intellectually strong and civic-minded.
To be considered for the Wright-Bentley Scholarship, students must meet the following criteria.
- Must be an undergraduate business major; junior status (60-89 hours)
- Must take at least 12 hours each semester
- Preference to students who have earned, or will earn, a portion of their educational costs
- Preference to students who have been, and will continue to be, active contributors to civic and/or religious causes in the community
- Preference to students who have participated and are likely to continue to participate in programs such as music, sports and/or other extracurricular activities at UTC such as student clubs
- The cumulative GPA must be 3.0
- The majority of the work must have been at UTC, and the UTC GPA must be 3.00
- “Need” is not a criterion
Deadline for applications: Friday, June 8, 2012
Scholarship awards will be effective Fall 2012.
Click here for complete information about the Wright-Bentley Scholarship and a student application.